• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open a Tiff file in LR classic in photoshop

Contributor ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working the latest version of LR classic and PS on an Acer desktop, windows 11. I imported a Tiff file into Lightroom. It's a large file because when I tried to copy and paste portions of it, the source file was too small. there weren't enough pixels. So have the same file with like a hundred icons and I want to edit it in PS but then I go to Photo, the edit in PS is grayed out. The open as layers is still an option. Is that what I am meant to do? Thanks

TOPICS
Experiment , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "Open as Layers" is available, but "Open in PS" isn't, it seems likely you have more than one file selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I understand you correctly then you want to open 'hundreds' of images from Lightroom in Photoshop? That would open them all as separate files, which I doubt you want anyway. Do you want to merge these images to become one bigger document? Then you do want to open them as layers of one single document.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, Sorry to confuse. No I have purchased a Tiff file that contains hundreds to signs - you know traffic signs, warning signs - and I needed a Tiff file because it had to be large enough that I could lasso select. I imported the Tiff file into LR (I am using the latest version in windows) but now when I click on Photo and then edit in all the options are grayed out. Does that help? Below is a jpeg not Tiff of the same file just so you have a visual reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, now it says it can't locate the file. I need to re-import it. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Lightroom can't locate a file you must 'relink' it, not reimport it. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines