• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't trash photos accidentally locked - how to unlock?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a first in many years using Lightroom.  Certain (not all) of my recent photos may have been accidentally locked in the editing process, and can't be trashed.  How do I unlock them so I can delete?  And where is the icon indicating they've been locked?

Thanks.... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Lock function in LrC.

You need to post a screen shot of what ytou are seeing. Best is to post the full LrC window, not just a portion of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have the screenshot but the reply window doesn't seem to allow simple uploading of the png image.  This is not a photo, video, or link.  When I try to upload it as a photo, only a small portion appears.  Solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the screenshot as png or jpg, then use a web browser to visit the forum. 

Paste the screenhsot in the reply box, or click the Insert image icon in the toolbar. 

Axel_Matt_0-1592919813324.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is....

Explore_0-1592920584564.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you are in Survey mode. Go to Loupe view.

Where Exactly is this file stored, on what drive and in what folder?

Does that file actual exist on you hard drive?

I asked for a screen shot of the Full Window. That would be with the 2 side panels shown.

Something like this.

2020-06-23 18_36_26-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a simple fix, if its a PC, simply go to the folder your files are contained, select all, go to properties and de-select read only.

You can rename and do what you need to from here out in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines