• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find images in Library [was: Library]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed LRClassic to edit my pictures, made with my new Canon R5. I cann't find the pictures in the library. Please does anyone know how to fix this??

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be a bit more specific? Did you import the pictures? Lightroom Classic is not a browser. It does not show pictures in the Library if you did not import them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's as Johan indicates.

There are lots of tutorials available to help you get started.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I indeed have to import the the pictures in LR. With my former LR that was not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom were you using previously? It has always been necessary for me to import before I could work with images in Lightroom, and I have been using the program since version 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I indeed have to import the the pictures in LR. With my former LR that was not necessary.

By @mathb38077099

I dispute this, as there has never been a version of Lightroom Classic or Lightroom 1 through Lightroom 6 that didn't require import. Some people put photos in a specific folder which Lr then auto-imports from; some people tether the camera; some people synchronize folders; but these are all importing (using a different interface).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mathb38077099 wrote:

You are probably confused with other software, like perhaps Photoshop. There has never been a version of Lightroom that does not require you to import your pictures.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines