• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open LRC catalog after upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last two upgrades seem to really screw up my LRC and Photoshop.  I get the message that cannot open the catalog Lightroom Catalot-2-2-2-v10-v11.lrcat because another app is using it.  Which it is not.  I go to the files and find no lock catalog...I find one for previews and several zip files (which I assume are backups) and one that appears to be the main one. Dont know what to do...when I opened   Photoshop it was as if it was brand new.

What is going on..I have Monterey 12.5..on my 2018 imac.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen capture like the one below so we can see what is in the Lightroom sub-folder.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 8.46.55 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  When I saw your screen capture, I realized I was looking in the wrong place.  I feel so stupid.  Anyway found the locked file and deleted it.  Seems to be working now.

Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the locked file? im having the same problem. i cant open my lrc backup files. says other file is in use. tia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an example I have illustrated a .LOCK file in the screen-clip from @DdeGannes 

It will be found next to your other Catalog companion files-

2022-10-07 14_42_44-Clipboard.jpg

You should NOT try to open files in a Backup location. If your LrC is saying a Catalog is corrupt, you need to extract a catalog from a backup .ZIP file and copy it to another location (eg. the Pictures folder) where you can 'open' it by a [Double-Click].

LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time your catalog needs to be upgraded, please note that you can actually rename the new catalog in the upgrade dialog, so you won't get something as useless as 'Lightroom Catalog-2-2-2-v10-v11-v12.lrcat', but can change that to 'Lightroom Catalog-v12.lrcat'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines