• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Access Desktop from lightroom in Source

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer and installed lightroom.  In Source, my desktop is not there under Users like it is on my other computer.  How do I fix this?  It is a HP PC.  I tried following "full disk access" but I cant find that anywhere. It seems like that is a Mac thing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Then youre username doesn't have the proper Rights, Permissions, to access that folder.

Also make sure the files are in the Users\YourUserName\Desktop folder and not in Users\Default\Desktop folder.

You might also have to go into folder options and set it to Not Hide System folder.

2020-12-29 19_31_33-C__Users_Edward.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any problem finding photos in the Desktop under Source. Windows 10.

Can you show us a screen capture of what you do see?

I point out that for Lightroom, the Desktop is a particularly poor place to locate a photo, why don't you put the photo(s) somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about source? Or more likely ?/source/devices as opposed to source/Files?

Screen shot would  help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source is Source in the import dialog. If there is no memory card detected then you never get the Device option.

2020-12-29 21_12_25-Lightroom.png

To the OP

Try clickiing the right facing Arrow and selecting either Desktop, If It Is Listed, or Other source as shown in my Screen Shots above.

Other Source will open a Win File Explorer window. See if you can get to the Desktop folder in your UserName folder from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same trouble with a new MAC  OS Catalina V 10.15.7 with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic v 10.1.1.

None of my desktop folders are showing up.

Hoping someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines