• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog size warning is not correct.

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consider this a MINOR glitch only.  Using Lightroom 2015.8, OS X 10.11.6.   When saving the catalog this warning comes up but the catalog is actually only 12MB.  This is a small test catalog I use.  This is not a significant problem because  you can check  "don't show again".

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 2.08.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 2.10.42 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Agreed, I get the warning on a completely empty catalog! So it is a strange bug, but as you say it can be disregarded. I would presume just a Mac problem given the learn more link?

However is it just a warning rather than a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I get the warning on a completely empty catalog! So it is a strange bug, but as you say it can be disregarded. I would presume just a Mac problem given the learn more link?

However is it just a warning rather than a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on OSX 10.12.1 and LR CC 2015.8

Just click and ignore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's a "bug" in that it should not be showing this warning. I too am experiencing this, however in the following support article ( Extracting compressed Lightroom catalog backups larger than 4 GB on Mac  ) it actually says:

Catalog compression in Lightroom CC 2015.8/Lightroom 6.8

Beginning with this release, Lightroom compresses all the catalogs when creating a back up — including the ones that are larger than 4 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I've already reported it, but too late to get the fix into 6.8.  It is just cosmetic, so click Don't Show Again to stop it showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I feel much better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines