• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change rating in collection without changing entire catalog

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely create different collections of my entire portfolio for different purposes (ie. collection of interiors, collection of exteriors, collection of blue rooms, best of everything, etc.) that I like to edit and sort for various reasons.  

Is there a way to apply my ratings or color labels so that they only apply to the collection they are in and not the entire catalog?  Right now, if I change a star rating, it affects everywhere that image appears in the catalog across multiple collections. The only work around I have found is to export a collection as a catalog or process the images and sort them in Bridge which is a cumbersome and time consuming process.    

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Ratings and Color Labels are global.

And in my opinion it just makes no sense.

Why the same image would have different ratings in different places?

Flags are local, so you can mark photos as Pick or Rejected, and it will only affect your collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create collections, you could work with virtual copies, and then the rating in the collection can have a different rating than the original (the non-virtual copy).

Use with caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to work.  I was able to select all and create virtual copies of everything.  Then, in the "Attribute" section of Grid view, I was able to select "Original Files" within the Kind tab at the top right and remove only those from the Collection, leaving only virtual copies.  Annoyingly, this will create a virtual copy next to the original in every folder I have pulled an image from but it works...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines