• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click to zoom intermittently not working in Lightroom Classic Desktop

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it is fixable because it is driving me insane. When I'm in Library module click to zoom works just fine for like the first ten or so photos, then, all of a sudden it basically stops working, except on the bottom half of the photo, and if I click anywhere else it just instantly shifts to another photo, seemingly randomly. It's like LR is getting confused about where the buttons are positioned on the screen.

I've noticed it happens mostly when I'm in full screen mode, and exiting full screen mode fixes the problem for a while, then it comes back.

When the issue is happening I can tell because the cursor does switch to a normal cursor when it should be the zoom magnifying glass icon.

For info I'm on CC Lightroom Classic (v 8.3.1) running on a 2016 Macbook Pro 15 inch with touchbar, osx Mojave 10.14.5 However this issue has been happening with previous versions of LR classic and mac osx.

Any help with resolving this would be greatly appreciated, it is driving me crazy and seems to be getting worse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DallasLKolotylo,

Sorry that click to zoom in the Library module is not zooming in to the entire image in  Lightroom Classic v 8.3.1.

Could you please restore Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thank you for your help. I followed the instructions in the article you linked and reset LR Classic preferences to default. Unfortunately the problem is still persisting. Are there any other options I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dallas+L+Kolotylo  wrote

I've noticed it happens mostly when I'm in full screen mode, and exiting full screen mode fixes the problem for a while, then it comes back.

Then do NOT go into Full Screen Mode. This is a Mac OS X problem and not really related to LR.

This does not happen on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but that is not a fix, I edit in full screen mode. It works perfectly fine when I enter full screen mode and eventually after some time the issue appears, can't see how the info I've provided so far can lead you to conclusively state that it is a Mac OS problem, or that it never happens on windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is either an OS X problem or OS X and specific to your system. Otherwise there would be many reports of it and there aren't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to read you are running into issues. The first place to begin, which has already been mentioned, is to reset your preferences. I understand that did not help.

If it is an issue with your system then I advise trying to narrow down the culprit. Make sure that you aren't running other applications to see whether that there isn't a conflict. And, you can start in Safe Mode and try to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, then somewhere you have a conflict on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice joseph, I'll try running LR without any other applications and if that doesn't help I'll try safemode. Any other suggestions you can think of let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem. I found that closing Photoshop, which I often run in tandem with Lightroom, fixed the issue. Hopefully it holds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this problem on Windows. Did we ever work out a fix? I dont have Photoshop open or any other applications. It stopped working after I exported some images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention Im not full screen either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a similar problem, and I went to the navigator pane (upper left corner in Develop mode in my view, which is pretty much default) and clicked "100%" next to "FIT". I think I had accidentally toggled a command with a key command and "50%" had been selected instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was precisely the answer for me. Thank  you for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thank's

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines