• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Sync choice greyed out in Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just upgraded to Ventura on a new MacStudio. I'm printing with the latest Canon driver for my older Pixa Pro 100. When printing from Lightroom Classic, I am unable to select Color Sync, the option is greyed out, although I can select a custom profile in the Lightroom printer's menu. First print was totally off. Help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up buying Mirage which is totally foolproof. Every other solution was a total gamble. If you run a business, then ~$300 (Mirage) could be a good investment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the first time ever, I'm having this problem too since updating to Sonoma.  This is so annoying,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is driving me up the wall. 
No matter what I do the printer wants to manage the colors and settings constantly reset.

By @henrikh79703094

Tell Apple; it's their bug!

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except i only have the problem in lightroom and photoshop. I can select "colorsync" in other apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is still not solved? aug 20th 2023? Seems to be impossible to get ColorSync activated when selecting a custom profile in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with the Canon Pro-100 IJ drivers on MacOS Ventura has been that as soon as you touch ANYTHING in Printer Options inside the Canon driver dialogue box the profile under Color Matching changes from Color Sync to Canon Color Matching. Even checking the Color Matching in the driver window and hitting cancel. Go back in to Color Matching just after hitting cancel and the option has changed.

So long as I don't touch the driver dialogue box (like hitting the Printer Settings button in the lower left or the Printer... button in the lower right) the prints match my soft proofing in Lightroom Classic. When I manage the color in LrC the only thing I have to change in the Canon driver dialogue box is the paper type (gloss/matte) so I am using the CUPS admin page to set that. Horrible workaround, but it is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines