Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Color Sync choice greyed out in Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just upgraded to Ventura on a new MacStudio. I'm printing with the latest Canon driver for my older Pixa Pro 100. When printing from Lightroom Classic, I am unable to select Color Sync, the option is greyed out, although I can select a custom profile in the Lightroom printer's menu. First print was totally off. Help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly correct and how it has always worked with Application Manages Color. 

Some software products are using a private (undocumented) SPI called kPMApplicationColorMatching, which you see in Photoshop and Lightroom, and the Adobe Color Print Utility. When you set Application Manages Color, the area of the driver that controls Colorsync will alter the radio buttons such they are grayed out. This is exactly as it should be with Application Manages Color. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you digitaldog: that would be great if that was working, but it's not working on my system (as it did in on my older Mac Pro and previous versions of LR).  The application (LR) is not managing colors. I made more test prints this morning, and the only way to get accurate printing is to use "Printer manage colors", click Color Sync (not greyed out), and assign the proper paper profile that way.  For now this is my solution, but it's a very different work flow, and I'm not sure what difference it would make to the quality of my printing. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such that they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image-specific issues causing the problems:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

And DO run a test using Photoshop as your issues may be your Print Template. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sending the file I used to make more tests. To make a long story short, I have figured out a run-around by saving a print preset (with the correct profile), using the Printer Manage Colors/Color Sync. Then I can use Application Manage Colors, giving me access to the rendering intents. In the print dialog I choose the preset I created. Works both in Lightroom and Photoshop. When choosing Application Manage Color, with color Sync being greyed out, although using the correct paper type and profile settings,  I recreate a bad print both in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines