• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour profile settings

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks. I'm not sure if this should be in the LR Classic forum or PS? Moderators please move if necessary.

When I send NEF images from LR to PS as layers, edit and flatten them, then save back to LR, they lose all colour saturation and look "washed out". It's as though they've been saved in the wrong colour space. However, the JPegs saved from PS using a Plugin are perfect. It's only the TIFFS that go back to LR after flattening. If I don't flatten them and save the layers, they're fine. But that takes up unnecessary disk space.

In LR Preferences, both Edit in Adobe PS and Additional External Editor, the file type for external editing is set to TIFF, colour space: ProPhoto RGB and Bit Depth: 16 bits. Resolution: 240 and Compression: ZIP. (Additional External Editor compression is set to None).

As far as I know, these are the default settings and I've only had this problem over the past couple of weeks.

Can someone please suggest anything else I should check? Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

It's a bug, resetting preferences in Photoshop should fix this for the time being. However, the bug messes up the embedded profiles from the edited images from Photoshop. So you'll need to open them in Photoshop and Assign the ICC profile you selected in the LR preferences (Edit In Photoshop prefs). So if you asked for say, Adobe RGB (1998), you'll need to open those images and use Assign Profile command, pick Adobe RGB (1998). Now they should preview correctly. 
If you can save a copy of the pre

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

You can't upload it here, contact Adobe and they will provide a way to send it for inspection. The URL to the topic I provided should get you to the right fellow (Pete Green). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug, resetting preferences in Photoshop should fix this for the time being. However, the bug messes up the embedded profiles from the edited images from Photoshop. So you'll need to open them in Photoshop and Assign the ICC profile you selected in the LR preferences (Edit In Photoshop prefs). So if you asked for say, Adobe RGB (1998), you'll need to open those images and use Assign Profile command, pick Adobe RGB (1998). Now they should preview correctly. 
If you can save a copy of the preference from Photoshop before resetting, it would really help Adobe find a fix.
Please see this original thread about this issue and if possible, provide the original preference file to Adobe as requested here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-colors-shift-when-going-from-lrc-to...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog thank you so much, this is very helpful. 

I'll do as you suggest and contact Adobe with the saved preference file before resetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again @TheDigitalDog 

I saved my PS prefs before resetting as you suggested and was going to attach the file here but... "The file type (.psp) is not supported".

Can you please advise where/how I can send it so it reaches the correct team working on resolving this bug? 

BTW it looks like resetting prefs did the trick. Have some shoots to edit tomorrow and will know for sure then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't upload it here, contact Adobe and they will provide a way to send it for inspection. The URL to the topic I provided should get you to the right fellow (Pete Green). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines