• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion with versions of Lightroom & Nikon Camera RAW files?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Hope you can help me?  I am about to upgrade my older versions of Photoshop (CS6) and Lightroom 4.4.  OK with Photoshop but I am not sure which version of Lightroom I require Classic CC or CC?  My work is done mainly from a desktop so from what I've read Lightroom Classic should suffice?  One of the main reasons for the upgrade is that my older version of Lightroom 4.4 will not read RAW files from my Nikon D500 camera meaning that I have to go through the dreadfully protracted process of converting them to DNG files which now impedes my workflow.

So to paraphrase :

Which version of Lightroom do I require?

Do both Lightroom CC Classic and CC (Cloud Based) support RAW files (NEF) from a Nikon D500 SLR?

Many thanks

Geoff Dicker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll think the Photography Plan is the best option for you.

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bittern1  wrote

I am not sure which version of Lightroom I require Classic CC or CC?  My work is done mainly from a desktop so from what I've read Lightroom Classic should suffice?

Do both Lightroom CC Classic and CC (Cloud Based) support RAW files (NEF) from a Nikon D500 SLR?

Yes, Lightroom Classic is the one you want.

Classic and CC both support the D500, and are both included in the Photography Plan, as well as Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and the link. 

Regards

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom CC Classic is the desktop version and the one that you require.

The minimum Lightroom Classic version needed to support the Nikon D500 is 2015.5.  The latest version of Classic is 8.2, which requires a subscription.

Cameras supported can be found here:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines