Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Pasting settings and Syncing settings has become incredibly slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

As a timelapse photographer I have to copy/paste or sync settings on hundreds and thousands of photos.

This never used to be an issue, Lightroom would be able to do this within seconds for a sequence of 300 photos.

With the latest version of Lightroom however this process now takes multiple minutes.

There is no difference in speed between copy/pasting settings or syncing settings, they are equally slow.

I am running a 2015 full spec macbook pro with the latest operating system, as well as the latest Lightroom Classic version.

I'm doing this in a fresh catalogue as I work with a new catalogue per project.

I have plenty of free disk space left and no other apps are running.

I am wasting a lot of time by waiting on this copy/paste or sync process to finish and would love to see this fixed.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is the update to the latest version of OS X that is slowing you down.

What is the exact version number of both OS X and LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.14.4 and LR CC 8.3.1 with ACR 11.3

There are other threads/users that have flagged similar issues btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to continue all discussion in the existing bug report filed in official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Lightroom Classic: "Synchronize Settings" very slow, using 10% CPU | Photoshop Family Customer Commu... . Two employees from the product team are already engaged in that thread.  If you haven't already, please add details of what you observe, including the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info. (The CC desktop app doesn't do a good job of keeping LR up-to-date, fooling users into thinking they're on "the latest".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Returned from shooting a live concert with 1170 images to process in the latest version of Lightroom using OS 12.1.1. Cut & Paste takes way too long, after also dragging on each image load! The slider's don't work properly either, making what should be quick and easy, TEDIOUS! 
I wish Adobe would make sure all the bugs are worked out before encouraging an update, or leave well enough alone! You always brag about how the latest upgrade is so much faster. That is certainly not the case!

Software that has been a reliable, pleasurable professional tool for years is a pain!

Go back to the workbench!

Jim Mayfield    March 21, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote, "1170 images to process in the latest version of Lightroom using OS 12.1.1. Cut & Paste takes way too long, after also dragging on each image load! The slider's don't work properly either, making what should be quick and easy, TEDIOUS! ".

Cut  & Paste?  What are you referring to, Copy Settings and Paste Settings?

dragging on each image load? Are your referring to display of the changes to images after copying settings between 1170 images? This will take some time depending on what settings are involved and the necessity to rebuild preview files?
The latest version of Lightroom Classic is 11.2 what version do you have installed, do not reply latest. Also update your Operating System to macOS 12.3 from 12.1.1!

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines