• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop overlay aspect ratio - wrong orientations

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When cropping images I use the 7x5 overlay and show 5x4 and 3x2 at the same time.
For years, these addition overlays have been the same orientation as the original but I have noticed that now they are thw wrong orientation. I dont know when this started. I do have a new installation so maybe I have missed a preference setting somewhere.

Example: I edit a landscape image and ALL of the aspect ratio overlays are portrait.
Or, I edit a portrait image and ALL of the aspect ratio overlays are landscape

Have I missed a setting somewhere (I have looked) or is this a bug. I am using LR-CC 10.4 on Windows 10   (all components up to date as of the date of this post)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it - SHIFT+O will toggle between orientations.  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aspect ratios are not orientation specific, 2:1 = 1:2 = 1:0.5 = 1000:500 = 1200:2400.

X key shortcut is another way to flip the crop's orientation for a given image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard, I found my answer - SHIFT+O will toggle the overlays. When using the aspect ratio overlays, they toggle between landscape and portrait.
So, now when I'm editing a 7x5 crop in portrait orientation, the overlays are also in portrait orientation and not landscape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines