• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default mail client not available in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook is the default mail client on my Macbook Pro 16 inch (M1) running macOS 12.2.1.   When I try to export a photo to email, the only pulldown choice I have is Entourage.  How do I set up MS Outlook as my default mail client in LightRoom Classic?  Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the procedure outlined at the below article to set MS Outlook as your default LrC email account.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/prepare-send-or-post-photos.html#configure_email_a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Todd. I've tried to do it this way but was unsuccessful.  In step 2 of the example, under the "Note" in the "From" dropdown, the only choice for email client is "Entourage."  I don't even have Entourage on my Mac. I have Mail (the standard MacOS default client) and Outlook.  Of those two, I have Outlook set as my default client on the Mac OS side of the house.  I set the default to Outlook when I set this Mac up, well before I installed LrC. Neither is showing up in the dropdown. That's where the hangup is. BTW, I set the default to Outlook when I set this new Mac up, well before I installed LrC. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Creative Cloud app to uninstall LrC, restart your system, and then reinstall LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Did uninstalling and reinstalling work?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and I've tried it a couple of times.  Let me know if you figure it out.  It's pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I worked with a LrC wiz and bypassed the approach as follows:

• Emailing from LrC
    • Export > Export to Hard Drive
    • Export Location > Same folder as original photo > Put in subfolder “Email full res”
    • File Naming > None
    • File Settings > JPEG, Quality 100%
    • Image Sizing > None
    • Post Processing > After Export > Open in Other Application > Choose Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines