Dehaze Black out

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a Black Out when I go to use Dehaze with my new Sony 7 IV camera RAW images. When I try to adjust the slider the image goes Black and can't see anything. If I bring it back to 0 zero it comes back but can Not see once I try to adjust the image. I have cloud based Adobe so I'm up to date with firmware. I use Dehaze often, so need this fixed asap please. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering as well.  It just started happening.  Total black out on the dehaze slider when it's anywhere except on zero.  Looking forward to any answers!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom Classic? Which operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As John mentioned, please post your program and system information. it can be found by opening lightroom classic and going to Help > System Info. You can then use the copy your information and post it here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first trouble-shooting experiment I'd try, is to disable graphics acceleration in the Lightroom Classic settings (assuming that's what you are using), and see if the problem remains. If that does turn out relevant, perhaps a latest update to graphics driver, or otherwise a switch to certified version of the graphics driver, might help?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens with my Nikon Z9 as well.  Only the DEHAZE slider.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OS Montrerey 12.2.1
Lightroom Classic:
11.2 Release
Camera Raw 14.2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me as well.  I uninstalled LR and reinstalled it.  Fixed the problem.  I have a mac and Canon.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
Has anyone noticed the dehaze filter is SUPER sensitive now? If I do +1, the whole image just turns COMPLETELY BLACK..! On the - side there's more margin, but still.. also turns black at -19 or something (canon R5 files)
I noticed because one of my filters would make the image full black, and I did not understand why, turns out it's the dehaze filter... anyone else?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing irregular on my system, however I am not using raw images from Canon R5.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.5, Lr 5.5, Ps 23.5.1, ACR 14.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thread about this already, so I merged your post with that thread.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud app to uninstall LrC, close and restart your system, and then reintsall LrC 3.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and re-install worked for me.  Started happening a month ago but after the re-install it started working properly again.  Must be a bug somewhere.  I did do a bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3.1 Release / 

Uninstalled LrC - retarted laptop, reinstalled LrC - this did not resolve the problem.

Anything except - the screen goes black, however the navigator view remains. 

The first image - Dehaze is 0. The second image I add an amount of Dehaze < > 0... goes black.

Some work, some dont. All from the same camera (sony a7iii and same lens and same memory card)

Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 00.45.18.pngScreenshot 2022-06-11 at 00.44.46.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance tab). Any better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue. Was it fixed for you! Thank you 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue. I went to preference and turned off Use Graphic procesor and I helped to fix the issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions