• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete by mistake

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get pictures back that were deleted in a folder? Back up will not work it only backs up once a week. My build is 11.2

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the photos still on the camera card? 

Advice: you should not delete photos from your camera card until they have been backed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. No. I usually delete after I import them. I learned my lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What backup, the backup within LrC? That only backs up the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But doesn't that back up the imported pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imported images are not in the catalog file. They are simply files on your hard disk. So backing up the catalog does not make backups of the photos. You need to use some third party software to make regular and automated backups of your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do back up my entire computer. I check the pictures folder > Lightroom>And I can see most of my pictures. But only ones that I have put in an archive folder under gemstone folders.

What I dont undertand is where are the photos that are in import folders. Here is a screenshot. Everything nested in the Jewelry folder is in my computer back ups. I am not sure where the other files are stored? Is there are way to see the links.

fyi I am on a mac and I also have dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR's Folders panel contains a reference to all the hard drive folders referenced by the imported images.

Right-click, "show in Finder" will take you to where LR thinks the folders exist on the hard drive. Hovering over the folder name may show the full path in a "tooltip" popup.

You images are not "in" the LR catalog. The catalog just references the files at their locations on the hard drive. You can right-click, "show in Finder" to see where LR thinks the files exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this part.

But only ones that I have put in an archive folder under gemstone folders.

If you havebacked up your entire computer, then you should be able to see all of your photos.

What I dont undertand is where are the photos that are in import folders.

What do you mean by import folders? Your photos are on your hard disk, wherever you put them or wherever you told LrC to put them. You can find what folder LrC thinks they are in by right-clicking on your photo in LrC and select Show in Explorer (on Windows) or Show in Finder (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at your screenshot of your folders panel

GoldingD_0-1674069755474.png

I notice that the one folder you have selected refers to dropbox. This may be a mapping to dropbox.

Those original photos you are having trouble locating on your MAC may be on Dropbox.

Note/ While Adobe does appear in documentation to support storage of photos on Dropbox for use in LrC, their wording appears to reflect IF SMART PREVIEWS are used. Also, you might see many members with issues when doing that, typically photos going missing (usually fixable by updating folder location for folder in question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have take a look into the trash or bin. Normally a file doesn't delete directly. It will be moved to the trash. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines