Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete image batch (pile, pack, stack)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
How to delete an entire batch (pile, pack, stack) or all the images in the batch (pile, pack, stack) with one click?

Thx a lot for your tips in advance!

2020-02-22_22h35_50.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the stack is "closed" double click the stack icon in the upper left and the stack will open with all the photo selected.   Then delete.

If the stack is open double click the "1 of ?" (top of stack photo) icon in the upper left and all the photos in the stack will be selected.  Then delete.

Not one click but as good as you are going to get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Additional question, what is the keyboard shortcut to opposite when I choosed a picture to delete?

The other one from keyboard shortcut "x"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X "reject flag". P "pick flag". U "unflag"

Once applied, X and P flags continue to operate independently of whether those images are still selected (highlighted) or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@richardplondon 

Your reply was to a post made on 22 February 2020. The thread was reactivated today by @ThePhotoRonin See last post in thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  "x" just marks it as reject flag.  It does't delete.  "p" is for pick flag and "u" is for unflag.

You can delete the selected photos just by hittig the "delete" key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. You hit it

"U" was meant.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIGURED IT OUT!!  Here's how I mark images for removal and then am able to delete stacks (takes a few steps).

1.  Part of my process is flagging or rating all of the stacks, with them all collapsed.  This only flags or rates the first image in the stack, not every image in that stack.  For example, I will go through a folder and mark each stack (the top image) with a rating or "reject".  This way all of the top images of the stacks have a rating or a "reject".  You can use a color or some other identifier, but you WILL need to have a difference between the rejected ones and the ones you want to keep for the top of the stacks.
  2. I then filter the view only on the "rejected" images.  While this only then shows (technically) the top image, I then select all in that view and choose "Expand Stack" (S).
  3. I go back to an unfiltered view, and only the rejected stacks have been expanded.  I then filter the view on all "unrated" images (if you're using a color it would be all "uncolored" images).  What this does is hide all of the stacks that are rated (or colored) including the images under the top ones.  What I'm then left with is only the images stacked under "rejected" images.  I can then select them all and choose "reject".
  4. Delete rejected photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines