• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty importing NEF files from Nikon Nfc

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic and I am importing 21 photos from a Nikon Zfc camera. Lightroom will import 15 of the photos with no issues but 6 photos are not copied and I receive this error message - "photos will not be renamed as they are missing or not writeable".  You cannot later go and rename them as the 6 files are not actually there. I do see a preview. but that's all. The 15 that were imported can be renamed and edited

I have tried two card readers and I have the same problem. I even copied the files to the desktop and imported them to Lightroom but I still have the problem.  I can view and edit all the files in Nikon NX Studio.

I have tried SD two SDHX cards - San Disk Extreme Pro and Lexar Professional. All the same problem.

I have other Nikon cameras such as a Nikon Z8 and I have no problems importing and renaming photos. So, the problem is specific to the Nikon Zfc files. Lightroom Queen Forum response has been to suggest that the Nikon files are malformed. A first for me!

Any suggestions?

Operating system: Mac OSX 14.5

Lightroom: 13.4

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share one of these problem files on Dropbox or OneDrive or similar, and provide us with the link.

Also with regards to this: "photos will not be renamed as they are missing or not writeable", is this the EXACT word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thiis is the exact message received when I import and rename photos. Some are renamed and some are not. Those that can't be renamed get this message. 

Here is the link to one of the files that LR will not renamce and/or let me edit. 

Zfc - DSC files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any problem importing the file. I don't have a problem renaming the file.

As a wild guess, somehow this file has gotten locked accidentally (set to read-only) in your operating system. Check in your operating system. Or perhaps it could have been locked somehow in the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
12 hours ago 12 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reset the camera and the problem has disappeared. I don't think th elock was put there by the operating system as only a few files were affected. I wish I know more what casued the problem but it's a mute issue now. Thanks for commenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines