• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital file conversions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been asked to convert my RAW CR2 files to a JPEG "3000 X 3000 pixel file at 72 DPI" how do I do this in Lightroom ? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first crop the image to a 1:1 aspect ratio. Then you export, checking the Resize to Fit box and selecting the Long Edge to be 3000 pixels. You can ignore the 72 DPI part, because this is totally meaningless, digital photos do not have a DPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you crop the images using the 1:1 setting, just export them as DJ suggests. Set the resolution at 72 PPI. This will set the resolution to meet the specs being asked for. The PPI setting doesn't mean anything, but it will meet the specs. The real resolution of the file is 3000 pixels by 3000 pixels. 72 PPI has no meaning whatsoever except to someone who doesn't really understand what they are asking for. Really, that is the truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the request was 72 DPI, not 72 PPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, that request is simply coming from someone unfamiliar with what they are requesting. Lightroom is incapable of setting DPI anyway. Are you really going to get that critical of my responses? I wasn't arguing with you. I don't see any reason for your argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Jim.  If the client wants 72 PPI, than put the 72 in the export dialog.  Makes the client happy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines