• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Keyboard Shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to completely disable keyboard shortcuts? I've found that when using the Book module, entering text, I often accidentally invoke a keyboard shortcut instead of entering text. Most recently, this resulted in image selections seemingly going haywire. If I deselected an image, it would automatically select again. Or if I selected one image, another one would be selected with it. Searching for how to solve this, I found a thread with identical symptoms, and the recommendation was to reset the preferences file.

Thankfully, I figured out what was causing the problem before doing this, but it indicates to me that other people run into this issue as well. In this case, a feature I never use, displaying comparison images side by side, was invoked, I'm guessing by pressing the C key, which happens to be the letter I was trying to type into a caption field.

The simplest solution would be to turn off keyboard shortcuts while I'm doing text stuff. Possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how I can edit a post. This is for Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way to do that. This was recently asked by somebody else, so I suggest you go to the feedback forum (this is a user-to-user forum), and add your vote.

[I've moved this to the Lighroom Classic forum]

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this was implemented? Most people just bneed a few shortcuts - the majority are not needed so why force them on us? When working with thousands of images, renaming files etc, it is so easy to hit some shortcut when adobe does not keep up with our pac e of work and we type in a filed we think is acrtive but adboe has not made active. 

Same for other apps - not just adobe. We use Cpature one pro to tether adn only use T to shoot (custom acorss all tethering aps we use T to shoot).  I just wish we coudl remove all other shortcuts that we do not use as so oftern we hit a key and again some other magical fucntion is called that we are not internested in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people just bneed a few shortcuts - the majority are not needed so why force them on us?

I use as many keyboard shortcuats as I can remember. Lots of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe by using a plugin.

Use Google and search on:

lightroom classic keyboard shortcuts plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google search turned up one hit for Windows but nothing for Mac. I did not look into the Windows one, since I'm using a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to do it on a Mac. I just tried it out with the Compare shortcut (default is C) changing it to something else as described here. I relaunched Lightroom to try it out, and it works. So for keystrokes that interfere with text entry, which would be any plain characters, they can all simply be changed to some other keystroke. I used shift-command-C in my test, and that launched the compare tool, which I never use. Typing C did nothing. Exactly what I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to see that a tutorial I wrote circa 2008 (Lightroom 2.1) is still proving useful 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines