• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk disappeared!

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the second times in a few months, lightroom dumped on of my external drive (about 15000 images). In fact, the disk appear in the list, but none of the folders are there. There is also another drive in the list with a similar name, containing folders, but all offline (question mark). Also, folders are almost empty, containing only few images. I recently updated lightroom (as well as photoshop, camera raw... as well as windows). Why is this happening? I haven't moved or renamed folders on the disk; nothing moved.. Why is this happening? What can I do to avoid that? I'm now losing my time recconecting folders and files instead of working...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the external drive is connected with the same name and drive letter as used on import?

If you access the drive with the Explorer you see all the folders and files? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is also another drive in the list with a similar name, containing folders, but all offline (question mark)."

See this help article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also another drive in the list with a similar name, containing folders, but all offline (question mark)

I see your OS is Windows. Hard drives are given drive letters, the names associated are not important. LrC depends on the drive letters to not change. For those external hard drives, are the drive letters permanently assigned? 

Had your OS been MAC, then drive names would be important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is also another drive in the list with a similar name, containing folders, but all offline (question mark). 

Why offline? Are your external drives allowed to go into power save mode? It is important for external hard drives to not go asleep while running LrC, LrC will not constantly access those hard drives, so they could think it is time to conserve power. Prevent that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines