• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dividing presets into clusters

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Do anyone know, how can I divide presets into "clusters". I want to separate some of my presets folders with those lines:

szerwony_0-1596834299222.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want one or more preset groups to appear in a separate cluster, do the follow steps for every preset in the groups:

1. Right-click the preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer.

2. Edit the selected .xmp file in a text editor, e.g. Text Edit or Notepad.

3. Replace the following line:

crs:Cluster=""

with this:

crs:Cluster="John's Cluster"

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I have for example 400 presets, I need to do this manually to every single preset? That would take a lot of time. Is there no automatic or faster solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I managed to group edit presets with Notepad++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use a mac and i also use adobe creative cloud version of lighroom, how were you able to create a "cluster" from a group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"how were you able to create a "cluster" from a group?"

See this previous reply:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/dividing-presets-into-clusters/m-p/1134...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also do it in Camera Raw. I can't check this because I am typing this on my iPad, but I am pretty sure it works like this: Right-click on the preset and then choose 'Rename Preset' while holding the Alt/Option key. This will give you an extended rename dialog with an option to add/change the cluster too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i know i am 4 years late from the initial reply, but would you mind explaining how do you get around editing clusters with Notepad++? i just downloaded Notepad++ and have exactly no clue where to start. Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is how I did it:

Open Notepad++, close any open documents. Drag all the txt files you want to edit into Notepad++.

Then go to Search/Replace. Fill out Find what/replace with then hit "Replace All in All opened Documents. Then goto File/Save All.

You'll be editing/replacing the "cluster" part of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(deleted - the OP's screnshot shows clusters of preset groups, not organising presets between groups. The latter is a simple drag-drop - with new groups easy to add by selecting that option within the Move preset command.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines