Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dodge and burn not showing correctly in full screen and export

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a weird issue. I dodge and burn a lot my B&W images and on some images what I see in the LR edit and what I see in the fullscreen mode (F) is different. Some parts are burned close to black in the preview but when I open fullscreen they are not for exemple. If I open the image in photoshop the image also looks different.

I'm on a Mac with Ventura 13.2.1, if I open a preview it shows the correct lightroom edit, if I blow up this image in full screen, it looks different. It's very weird.

My monitor is qualibrated, the colorspace is Prophoto RGB 16 bit in lightroom and photoshop too from what I know. I attached a pic where on the lightroom edit the hand is not showing, but it shows in photoshop and when I blow it up in full screen.Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 23.06 copy.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So weird, in the image I uploaded now the issue is not showing anymore when displaying on this website. how can I attach a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see a true rendering of an image, you must view it at 100%, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

Any other magnification may be inaccurate because the image has been scaled.

Different applications use different scaling algorithms, so viewing an image at for instance 66% in two applications may not produce the same result. At 100%, all applications should display identically.

You also need to view the exported image at 100%.

The above applies in particular to image detail, like noise, sharpness, moiré, chromatic aberration, etc., but it can also affect the image tonally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the image viewed at 100% on the 2 applications, the difference is still there.Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 20.02 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that the difference is the fingers at the top of the image?

Does the problem go away if you disable the GPU in Preferences > Performance?

In the filmstrip, the selected image has an exclamation mark badge that I've never seen before.

If you go to Grid view, and hover your mouse over this badge, a tooltip should appear.

What does it say?

PerBerntsen_0-1679752924977.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the issue is visible on the fingers on this image. When I click the "!" it says 

The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?

As you can see I did an edit in photoshop on this image too as you can see a second identical image on the left.

Disabling GPU in LR does not change a thing, except the rendering when burning/dodging is all laggy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, I looked for days but can't find the issue. Anyone got another idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines