• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloadable images via web export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting a bunch of old photos to the web using the Lightroom Classic web module export.  When I look at them online, the web gallery looks fine-- when I click on a thumbnail I can see the larger image solo in the browser.  The problem is if I right click on the larger solo image, I do not get a download image option.  I can download the thumbnail no problem, but not the large image.  Is there a way to enable the large images to be downloadable?  Cheers,

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know this as well. I’m having to use another program to do this right now but it requires coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only Gallery that works for right-click download is the CLASSIC gallery.   With the Classic Gallery you can also use the following technique display full size images to download.  Someone else posted this solution but I cant remember who to give them credit.  Classic is the only HTML gallery.

Step 1) Open Lightroom and select an HTML web gallery.
Step 2) Paste the following code
into the HTML web gallery's IMAGE INFO / CAPTION / CUSTOM TEXT field (This will
dynamically add a link named "Link to High Resolution" to every webpage):

<script language="JavaScript">
var imgsrc=document.getElementById("previewImage").src
highres_URL=imgsrc.replace("/large/","/highres/")
document.write ("<a href='"+highres_URL+"'>Link To High Resolution</a>")
</script>

Step 3) Export or Upload your new gallery to your web server.
Step 4) Create a new sub
directory in your gallery named: \images\highres\
Step 5) Upload your high resolution
images into the new subdirectory. The dynamic URL that is created is based on the
filename of the low resolution image so make sure they have exactly the same name.

When the user clicks the HighResolution link, their browser will display the high res
image. Depending on the size, it can take several seconds to download. After that, they
can right click to download the file to their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bob. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines