Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge mending.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure what to call what i want to do. I have a photo that I want to use; but, it is physically too short. I need space below the image to put some text on the background. I have taken it into Photoshop and have made a background layer and then copied that layer and then moved that layer just enough to expose the area that needs adding to the bottom of the original. I have done this 4 times and now have the original with more space below the image. What I now need to do is smooth out the Area that I just added so that the lines are not so visible. What recommendations do you have.
Thanks, Joe

small bkrd++++.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

This is a job better done in Photoshop.

Quick and easy-  Use a large soft clone brush and clone from 'dappled' areas above the added area.

A selection and Gaussian Blur may then help also.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a job better done in Photoshop.

Quick and easy-  Use a large soft clone brush and clone from 'dappled' areas above the added area.

A selection and Gaussian Blur may then help also.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of edit usually takes a combination of tools to the best job. I'd try the healing brush tool, possibly the patch tool (if you have a large enough area to patch from), clone stamp and a plain ole brush tool with the lighter color brush blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit in Photoshop to add the additional background and save as TIFF; go back to LR to do what ever you need to do on that Tiff file.

If, however, you do not have access to PS (in case of LR 6), this could be more difficult to achieve. GIMP will do the job. Other photo-editing software will do it also.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the help.I knew that there was a way to that.  I will transfer it back to Photoshop to do the work and then finish up in Lightroom, if it needs any more tweaking.

Joe

P.S. I still cannot find the 'correct answer' button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines