• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in> Open as smart object does not open file in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.4.2, Lightroom CC Classic  10.3 release, Camera Raw 13.3 Windows 10

After installing  Lightroom CC Classic and Photoshop CC 2021 twice, I am still unable to use Edit in> Open as smart object menu item to send any file from Lightroom to Photoshop although it is not grayed out.  After a long delay I get this error message in Lightroom:

"The fille could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2021 could not be launded."

Both programs are GPU enabled. The command worked fine until I installed the three updates for Camera Raw (1st) and Lightroom and Photoshop instaled, uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I have to open the file in Photoshop as a smart object a smar object and then edit it in Camera Raw if I wish to see my editing in Lightroom cC using the xmp file.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

When I ralized I could use the option Edit in > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021 and it exported to my copy of Photoshop correctly while not doing so with Edit in>  Open as Smart Object in Photoshop (which was not grayed out) after a very long pause producing an error message I guessed that the second command was lnot pointing to the same copy of Photoshop and may have been looking for one. So, I unplugged all of my external drives, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Lightroom again. This tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with Smart Previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  "use Smart Previews instead of originals for image editing" turned ON

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  "use Smart Previews instead of originals for image editing" turned ON

So, then, are the originals available to LrC? Are they missing? 

see: https://www.phototraces.com/lightroom-tutorials/lightroom-smart-previews/

specifically the section "Identifying Images with Smart Previews"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I ralized I could use the option Edit in > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021 and it exported to my copy of Photoshop correctly while not doing so with Edit in>  Open as Smart Object in Photoshop (which was not grayed out) after a very long pause producing an error message I guessed that the second command was lnot pointing to the same copy of Photoshop and may have been looking for one. So, I unplugged all of my external drives, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Lightroom again. This time both commands worked perfectly. Then I reconnected my other external hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines