• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect: Teeth whitening

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom 5 on a MacBook Air. I don't see the teeth whitening setting on the adjustment brush. I looked with both the radial filter and healing filter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

You click on the Adjustment Brush to open it, then click on the two arrows as indicated here:

Capture1.JPG

That should bring up the list of available presets, with Teeth Whitening down near the bottom, click on it to select:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is one of the last Effects in the Adjustment brush after Skin Softening.

The Adjustment brush is the one on the right that looks like a paintbrush not the circle radial filter or the circle clone/heal brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this preset only come with certain Lr accounts?  I have followed your instructions and can't seem to find it.  I am currently using the 7 day free trial and wondering if some presets aren't part of the trial...TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Teeth-Whitening preset has apparently disappeared in the 5 years since that earlier reply was written:

However, I made my own brush for this purpose a couple weekends ago when a face was close enough that it mattered.  These are the settings I used on one smile, but I changed them slightly for another.

Unless it is a toothpaste commercial with a perfect face, too white looks ridiculous and you need to leave a little color and not make them too much brighter in tone, either.  Zoom out to check as you adjust things.  You could probably use less Feather, but Automask is important to keep from getting more than the enamel, and I blurred the Size of the brush because that depends on how big the teeth are on the screen.  I used a brush that was somewhat less than the width of a tooth just so the AutoMask wouldn't pick up the gums:  It helps to check the coverage by turning on the red Mask Overlay at the lower left on the toolbar, next to Show Edit Pins:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I didn't even realize that the previous post was from so long ago lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you still don't see it when you are looking in the correct place as per ssprengel's advice, it's likely that the Local Adjustments have gone walkabout (not an uncommon problem, I just checked and mine had gone missing as well). In which case go to Lightroom>Preferences>Presets and click on "Restore Local Adjustment Presets".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried re-setting preferences but  I still can't find it. Do I click or right-click the adjustment brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You click on the Adjustment Brush to open it, then click on the two arrows as indicated here:

Capture1.JPG

That should bring up the list of available presets, with Teeth Whitening down near the bottom, click on it to select:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Visual people need visual clues. I found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I never would have found it on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for suggesting about these amazing teeth whitening measures. Exceptionally amazing treatment was given by Torrance dentist last month to my aunt for her painful cavity. Even she is thinking to go for dentures from the same. Suggested the same clinic to my friend's mom as well. May be they will visit next week. Hope is goes well for them too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines