Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message Server Busy During Startup

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During LR startup I get a Server Busy Window that says

This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose switch to to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

This does correct the problem but why is this necessary and how to I get rid of the error during start up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

A fix to Lightroom's “Server Busy Error” on a Windows 7 64 bit computer:

I see in the discussion threads there are a LOT of frustrated people over this Server Busy issue, so I hope this helps someone. This is what Adobe tech support had me do, which fixed my problem. I got through on the phone right away, and the fix took no longer than 20 minutes to determine, with the support person remoting into my computer.

• I already had Lightroom 5.6 installed through my Creative Cloud subscription, and it h

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 137 Replies 137
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have had this error for a year or so and finally decided to try and fix it with this recommendation.

not only did it not work now most of my apps lock up, files are missing and I can't even open the CC app.  I can't even uninstall In Design.  It looks like I'm going to have to wipe my entire suite of Adobe apps, which means plug in hell in Pr and Ae.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. This is going to cost me a couple of days to fix.  At least. 

Dont do it unless you understand exactly what you are doing.  Epic fail, Adobe strikes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a new solution to this problem. I do IT support for a software company and know that if a problem like this isn't fixed in a month, much less 2+ years, that the company isn't working on a solution. I started having this problem last week (Windows 7, Lightroom 5.7, 64 bit) and tried everything suggested with no luck. I needed to find a replacement for Lightroom, and my first choice was ON1 Photo 10. I downloaded and installed the 30-day trial. After the install a pop-up window said that ON1 had installed plugins to Lightroom. This made me curious. So, without launching ON1, I launched Lightroom (not as an administrator), and it opened perfectly. It has opened normally several times for the past two days. Give it a try.

Have Fun,

Jeff

UPDATE - Nevermind. Lightroom launches fine, but when I clicked on the Develop button, the Server Error pop-up showed up again. Now I'm off to try ON1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the suggestion.  I have on1 but have not used it lately.  I am a video editor/videographer and for now I'm all Adobe.  My error went away once but always comes back.  My suspicion is it is looking for a spinning drive and I'm getting what is a time out error until it comes up to speed.  My C is an SSD, but stills are on their own 7200 rpm drive.  I just have to paw the return button for ten seconds or so and it resolves. It's just annoying.

I assume Lr is sitting at the kids table, Adobe is big and needs constant exponential growth, Lr ain't it, the shiny products get the attention.  That said when it works I prefer the develop module much more than Ps.

good luck.  I'd be reluctant to put all my stuff in someone's basket if I don't know how solid the company is.  Too much work to migrate for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may well be right. I recently bought an MSI gaming laptop specifically to provide a fast platform for LR6 and like you installed the program on the SSD C drive and the data on a large HDD. LR is now completely unusable making a £3k hardware investment useless. I have another LR6 licence on my old sony vaio which works fine but slower. I haven't tried changing the hard drive sleep settings yet - haven't plucked up the courage. None of the following work:

• renaming the SLCache etc folders [that just forces a repeat registration]
  • disconnecting my USB backup drive
  • removing camera cards from my Lexar workflow holder
  • imprecation/prayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2 - I fixed the problem, but you won't like the solution.

My computer started having problems in that it would freeze half way through startup. I did a full restore from the hard drive, but still had some problems, so I did a full restore from the factory DVDs I bought along with my computer. Then I reinstalled my data files and moved the Lightroom catalog to a different folder (I wanted to keep it in case I needed it), then reinstalled Lightroom (5.6) and imported all of my images. Lightroom has been working fine for two weeks now. I don't know if it was a problem in Windows or Lightroom, all I care about is that it's working.

Have Fun,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't solve my problem at all. Adobe support is pretty freaking useless. Wish I knew why I bother paying for this crappy software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's already Dec 2016 and I am LR 6.6.1 standalone and people are still getting server not ready errors!!!! It is happening to me again this week. Just went through  a major Windows10 update it seems too. Wonder if they are connected??

I have LR installed on an SSD and catalog on a HDD. Running 16 gig RAM so what's going on?

Adobe has never chimed in here in years - so can they even be working on this or acknowlege it's happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone posted an observation that if a bug isn't fixed within a year of it's birth it won't ever be fixed.  All of the staff are working on pop up adverts for Adobe Stock I guess.  That's 90% GM business.  Lr is the stepchild... Apple threw in the towel, no one is threatening so don't expect much, this is capitalism at it finest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not using Lightroom and still getting the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding your question.  I'm fairly certain you can get rid of the error by spinning your hard drives at all times.  I won't do that, I want them to last, so they sleep when not in use. I simply grumble through the error when it arises, which is constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR on disk. Had the same message stymying me every time. I simply right clicked the icon, chose run as administrator and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unable to Check for 21 Case(s).
servermaybebusy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines