• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error working with the video in Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my MOV and MP4 files get the message "There was an error working with the video" when I click on it.  The thimbnial shows correctly.  Any ideas for getting this fixed?  I'm using Catalina 10.15.3 and Lightroom Classic 9.2 RElease.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit video in Lightroom. You can play it, download a jpg of a frame or set a cover. Are you in the Library mode when you try to play it? There is very little you can do with video in Lightroom, if you want to edit it you will have to use Photoshop or Premiere Pro or other video editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Library mode and I can't play them back.  I use Premier Pro to edited them, but would like to be able to play them in Lightroom.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it all of the movies in your Library that won't play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.  MP4 and MOV files.  Were able to play them in the past, but not in the last 6 months or so.  So, none will play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Recently (since maybe last summer), MOV and MP4 files will not play in the Library mode.  And today, they won't import either.

I use Lightroom 9.2 and Catalina 10.15.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, for all my videos in my lightroom library (from multiple different cameras); I can't pinpoint exactly when it started. Some videos have thumbnails, others have the 'media wave placeholder' image. When I click into one to try to play it, I get the error "There was an error working with the video". Tried everything in the forums - purging video cache, removing dynamiclinkmanager files, re-installing Lightroom, using the Adobe CC Cleaning tool. All to no avail. How frustrating! All the videos I've tried play fine in Mac Finder. Using Lightroom Classic 9.2 / Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just re-subscribed to lightroom. after a couple of years away. Finding I can't reimport videos that once were in my lightroom library (and played ok). And some of the videos that used to play ok are now reporting errors.... Bit of a bummer to find that video functionality is even more buggy than before. Going to have to look elsewhere to organise my videos. Bit of a shame but what can you do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links. 

I general, I gave up years ago trying to import video directly into the LR catalog -- playback could be jerky on capable hardware, random errors would occur, some formats couldn't be imported. Instead, I use the Any File plugin to import and manage videos. Not as convenient as a reliable built-in feature, but it gets the job done better than native LR in practice.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, wondering if you have figured out how to resolve this?   I am having same problem.   Just imported some videos yesterday, they worked fine, could watch them etc.  and today, getting that error and can't watch them, etc..   Ugh so frustrating!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got on the phone with Adobe support for about 6 hours in total.
Pretty much we deleted all Adobe application files and used a special
uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times. And now videos seem to both
import and play. But I’m just waiting for them to not work again!
--
:shamrock: Sent on the go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I ended up doing an online chat with an Adobe support person gave them control via remote support and similar- they went through uninstalling/reinstalling things and force quitting a bunch of other background stuff, etc.. It now works but I’m also wondering when it will stop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on LR Classic9.3 under OSX 10.15.5. But, luckily was able to get videos to again work in the Library by restarting my computer. Hope it lasts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines