• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything slow since upgrading past v13.1

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I little while back (maybe a month) I upgraded past Lightroom Classic V 13.1.  This was the upgrade that required a catalog upgrade.    Once that happened, I've experienced slowdowns in Lightroom Classic that has rendered the software unusable, and I have lost weeks of work.   I will outline the issues and then the versions.

Macbook Pro M1 Max

OS Ventura 13.6.?

64 gigs ram

4tb ssd

1tb plus available space on ssd

max ram usage 35g for LR w/ plenty of free ram

Please note, I did restarts, reinstalls of software, etc along the way.

The problem arose when:

Upgraded from LR 13.1 to 13.3

• catalog upgrade required
  • Navigating photos became useless (3-5 seconds between photos)
  • Edits became very slow (3-5 seconds for UI to respond)
  • Flagging and rating photos became completely useless (10+ seconds to show up)
  • Moving photos between collections became useless (more than 10 seconds)

Upgraded from LR 13.1 to 13.5

• used upgraded catalog
  • Only minor improvments 

Upgraded Mac OS from Ventura 13.6.? to Sonoma 14.6.1

No change

Created new catalog and imported old catalog into this catalog

• editing photos begain working
  • moving between photos began working
  • flagging and rating photos still did not work at reasonable pace
  • moving photos between collections still did not work at reasonble pace

becasue flagging, rating and moving photos into collections is integral to my workflow, I downgraded the software back to v 13.1 and used my old catalog that as working in 13.1

• this worked for the most part (see below)
  • Flagging and rating was still slow (1/2 second to 1 second)
  • Moving between collections seemed slow  (2 seconds)
    • not ideal, but I could still somewhat work)

I noticed that there was a new release to LR Classic (v 13.5.1), so I upgraded and upgraded the catalog again.

• everything is slow again w/ flagging, rating and moving collections (multiple seconds).

I'm stuck and don't know what to do.  For a point of reference, I've used the software since the beginning, and my workflow has been similar for many, many years (more than 15).  I have always (save for one update), been able to do things like search for unrated photos, have a collection of them, quickly rate them and have them disappear from the search.  I have always been able to move photos into collections and have them instantly appear.   I have not been in a position where the software has been this unusable. One possible note, I do autimatically write data to xmp.  I haven't noticed a change when it's been turned off.  My cloud based collections have also needed to re-sync, and this has been taking a very long time, though there are quite a few photos.

Please help.  I need to get work done and this has cost me literally weeks.   I"m in serious trouble, thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the link for info on the LrC 13.3 and beyond, it's quite a challenge.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 14.0, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines