• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export dialog error after LR 9.2 install

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing the newest version of Lightroom Classic(9.2?) I have been having MAJOR issues with the export function when selected under the FILE menu. My workflow is that I do some edits in LR, then right click in the image to export to Photomatix Pro for some HDR treatment; then re-import to LR to finish up and then export to my hard drive. Since the update, I have to reset nearly all of the parameters in the export dialog. Location, watermark, size, pixel density, etc are all changed from what I normally use. Since LR is exporting the file as a JPEG, why does this always change? Also, if I export a photo, then do another in the same session, I have to re-enter all the export characteristcs again. Is this going to be fixed? It is extremely annoying, and slows things down a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Instead of having to reenter everything into the LR Classic export window... could you just create a Preset that you then select each time you export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. Never thought of that because this has worked with no problem until now. It should be fixed rather than have to try and reinvent the wheel in a preset that emulates a menu function. Can a preset even be created to do an export with specific parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up the export panel, select your settings, click on Done. No need to actually export. Exit the export dialog, Reenter the Export dialog, see if it stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to work.  I think it's sad that something like this isn't noted anywhere in the new release.  I've been using Photomatix for almost a year, and never before had the problem of changed export parameters.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I take it back.  I restarted LR from scratch, did my workflow with Photomatix, and when I started the export dialog from the FILE menu, everything was reset to the original (incorrect) values.

Export to reset back to Photomatix from "hard drive"
Export Location reset to "desktop" from Specific Folder"
Subfolder option checked (was unchecked)
Image format reset to TIFF from JPEG
Color Space reset to Adobe from ProPhoto
Image sizing values reset
Watermark reset to the basic one, but unchecked

So the change you suggested worked until I restarted LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines