• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export not using my GPU fully

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU Acceleration export update was cool but i dont see it using the full potential of my system. I exported 1000 pics and it was using only 4.4gb of my 6gb VRAM and when I tried to do the test again it went to using only 3.3GB of my VRAM. 

My GPU is an Asus 2060 with 6gb VRam and Lightroom dont use even 20% of my gpu acceleration for exporting. I know it can be much faster as I saw in old apple computers doing best.

My computer is an AMD 5900x with 16gb RAM and RTX 2060 and it should be blasting any old macbook and i dont see this hapening in my exports.

Why my Lightroom is using less VRam in two different exports. I dont have any other app openned while I export...? Tested Studio and Game drivers and still the same results....

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

@naturestockstudio wrote:

funny how adobe support aways think this is the problem as this is the first thing everyone do when install the new version.

As stated, we are not Adobe.

Moving on

Many members fail to keep their GPU drivers up to date. When they share their system info, that stands out. More of a Windows issue as MAC users are at the mercy of Apple on that.

For example, lots of members currently having AI Sky issues on laptops with integrated video controls and some descrete graphics driv

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition >> (This is weird cause I have Windows 11 Pro) <<
Version: 10.0.22000
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 3.7GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 16307.8 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16307.8 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1294.3 MB (7.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2279.7 MB
GDI objects count: 682
USER objects count: 2027
Process handles count: 2417
Memory cache size: 148.4MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.5 [ 1177 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 211MB / 8153MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 215MB / 16307MB (1%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (31.0.15.1694)

Init State: 3
User Preference: 5

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\Users\caioc\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\caioc\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 1f08
Subsystem : 868f1043
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 5980
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

Here it goes... for now I can export 4000 Jpgs (4000x3000 pixels) in 1 hour is it ok for this system or can do it better?
I think if Lightroom was fully using my cpu and gpu it could be at least 2x faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From What's New info for LrC 11.4: -

If your GPU RAM is above 8 GB, GPU acceleration for export is enabled by default. However, if the GPU RAM is less than 8 GB, then select 

On Mac: About Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Custom > Use GPU for Export

On Windows: Edit > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Custom > Use GPU for Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is activated already thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny how adobe support aways think this is the problem as this is the first thing everyone do when install the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe support.

What's wrong with starting with the obvious solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not obvious if you read what i wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@naturestockstudio wrote:

As stated, we are not Adobe.

Moving on

Many members fail to keep their GPU drivers up to date. When they share their system info, that stands out. More of a Windows issue as MAC users are at the mercy of Apple on that.

For example, lots of members currently having AI Sky issues on laptops with integrated video controls and some descrete graphics drivers that are years out of date (they appear to trust fully on Dell, etc for updates, wheras Dell, etc gave up support years ago on their old rigs). 

As for Adobe, yep, many if not all documents for problem solving call for GPU driver updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't seen any reports here of LR utilizing more than about 20% of the GPU.  Not all of image rendering can be performed efficiently on the GPU, and the computations are also limited by main-memory bandwidth between the CPU and GPU.  So there's no reason to think your LR is behaving suboptimally.

There's such a variety of GPU hardware that comparisons between different configurations is problematic, to say the least.  To see if the GPU is speeding up exports on your hardware, time the export of 50 photos with the GPU for export enabled and then disabled.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines