Export Settings text fields not displaying when using dark mode on macOS

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using dark mode on macOS, export settings field text doesn't display (see attached screenshots).

Switching to light mode immediately recifies the issue.

Obviously it's easy enough to get around, but still annoying to have to switch OS themes every time!

M1 Mac

macOS 12.4

Lightroom Classic 11.5

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's happening here, but as you can see I have no problems on my MBP M1 Max. Why are you still using MacOS 12.4? The latest version is 12.5.1 and this version is stronlgy recommended because it fixes some major security issues. 

1 2022-09-10 17-42-01.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on Johan's reply, I don't see those symptoms in dark mode on LR 11.5 / Mac OS 12.4 or 12.5.1 / Macbook M1 Pro or on LR 11.5 / Mac OS 12.4 / Macbook Pro Intel.  Troubleshooting steps to identify a fix / workaround:

1. If you haven't already, reboot the computer.

2. Update to Mac OS 12.5.1.

3. If it's only the right column (settings) of the Export window that's glitching, and if you're using an Export preset, try making a new preset from scratch.  Sometimes LR chokes on existing presets for unknown reasons.

4. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines