Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Lightroom catalog to Apple's 'Photos' cloud service

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Lightroom Classic 7.1 on a Mac, where I import photos from my DSLR, and then edit / develop them in Lightroom. I want to see if there is a way of exporting my finished results to the Apple 'Photos' service that runs across Mac and iOS platforms - so that I can publish my images to the Photos drive on my Mac, and then have my iOS devices be able to view the photos.

I've seen several solutions that involve using the Macs Automator capability - looking for files that I export into a specific sub-directory, and then have Automator copy them across to Photos, but that seems a really clunky process. Am I missing a trick that would simply let me set up a publisher service in Lightroom that allows me to export directory to a sub-directory in Photos?

Thanks

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Use the LR Export feature to export them to a folder in finder.

From there is is all Mac and should be easy to get into the Apple photo system.

I just put a photo file in my documents folder, then into 'Photos'. Within seconds it was available on both of my Mac systems, on my iPhone and in the iCloud system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the LR Export feature to export them to a folder in finder.

From there is is all Mac and should be easy to get into the Apple photo system.

I just put a photo file in my documents folder, then into 'Photos'. Within seconds it was available on both of my Mac systems, on my iPhone and in the iCloud system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines