• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting images with metadata

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering difficulty finding the keywords I have put into my images in Lightroom.

I have an image collection, and I've added a set of keywords for each image (where it was taken, who's in it, etc.).  I've set the Export preferences to export all metadata.  When I export the images, I cannot locate the metadata within information on the jpg.  If I select the image panel for the jpg (I use a Mac), I can see the original metadata for the image creation (when it was digitized, the equipment used, etc.), but I cannot find the keywords I have added.  In fact, the keywords tab on the information panel is blank.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked to ensure that the Keyword properties are set to "Include on Export"? If that option is unchecked, the keyword would not be included in the exported jpeg even if you have All Metadata specified in the Export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"If I select the image panel for the jpg (I use a Mac), I can see the original metadata for the image creation (when it was digitized, the equipment used, etc.), but I cannot find the keywords I have added.  In fact, the keywords tab on the information panel is blank."

To build on Jim's reply, you can check the keyword properties by double-clicking the keyword in the Keyword List panel and verifying that Include On Export is checked:

johnrellis_0-1662397064847.png

If that doesn't help, then please post a full-window, full-resolution screenshot showing precisely how you're checking for the presence of keywords in the exported photo.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines