• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filtering on more than one "Contain All" Keyword breaks file name and capture time sorting

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 12.2 [ 202302032259-eb84d255 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19044

Folder sort by capture time or file name with filer of  Keywaords Contain All and ONE keyword,  files are sorted correctly. Adding a second keyword results in the files resorting "sligtly", the first few files will be in the correct order, but then the files start to shuffel slightly.
Hitting the A-Z a few times does not fix anything, removing a keyword restores proper sort order, adding the second keyword back restores the *same* worng sort oder.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding some more info, so if I assign a keyword to the files that are filtered by the 2 key words and sort only on that it's still not sorted properly, if I flag all the files turn off key word filtering and just select flagged its not sorted properly. If I make keywords a sort column in the metadata dropdowns and select one key word there and one from text filter it doesn't sort properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH HA!!!!
Think I found it, files were shot with 2 bodies, but filering by serial number shows only one is miss sorted. The one which had the wrong time zone set and for which I mass changed the capture time in LR after import. And the files are only out of order withing burst which share the same 1 second time stamp. So however it sorted them by capture time correctly when they had the same one second time stamp before was broken when the capture time is bulk edited to move them forward an hour.  Checking the "Date Created" field I see that the ones whose time was altered lost the fractional second that the images from the other body have in that field. 

But I've now figured out why the selection cause the sort issue, the sort issue was partular to the set of images being filtered, which seems to actually be releated to photos grouped by stack that had their capture time edited. 

So I guess I'll delete this and then refile it when I better characterize why the group by stack is messing up sorting, because unstacking fixes it

But it *also* breaks sort by file name!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this scenario and can not duplicate the issue.  Where and how did you filter?  Smart collection or Filter bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my latest comment, it seems that the filering just let me see the files that were effected but the bug isn't in the filtering it seems to be releated to stacking. But there are some photo that were auto stacked which do sort properly and some stacks which don't. Going to take some more experimentation to find the cominality here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question.  Are these photos from a camera or from somewhere else like scans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they are all from a camera, and the stack bug occurs to JPEGs and NEF files but only to some stacks not to all the stacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines