• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Support for Nikon Z6 II Camera

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my Z6 II but i was not able to download all the raw files to Lightromm Classic

please help

Regards

Gan

{Moderator Note: Edited title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 10.1, Lightroom 4.1, and Camera Raw 13.1 which includes the support for the Nikon Z6 II camera.

Here's the list of new cameras and lenses

Let us know if that helps and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! it worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this link! It worked great, and more importantly, it worked on a Mac. It's still a major pain, but at least I can work on my images that I shot today with my new camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then in a few weeks you have to go back and unhack all those hacked files, one by one, hoping you haven't broken anything in the process.

Really?

It's not "the same camera" just because it uses the same sensor. There are many examples of, say, Sony and Nikon cameras using the "same sensor", or any other brands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weeeeeeelllll hell. LOL  Come on Adobe! You've got this!! (A little cheer from the peanut gallery.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump for z6ii support. New body in hand, but seriously handicapped for lack of lightroom support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or I guess I'll just shoot in .jpg fine and process those the best I can in Lr until they support the Z6ii I just got.  What a bummer.  Did not KNOW that or I might have waited on the purchase.  Was also bummed to find my CF Express card from my D810 was too big to use and had to order a Type B card I was not planning on having to buy.  Geesh!  What next!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you shoot RAW, you can use the NIkon software that comes with the camera in order to convert the RAW to TIF and then import the TIF into Lightroom Classic.

Did not KNOW that or I might have waited on the purchase. Was also bummed to find my CF Express card from my D810 was too big to use and had to order a Type B card I was not planning on having to buy. Geesh! What next!

This is why Nikon puts the specs for its camera on the Nikon website and why Adobe lists the cameras that are supported by Lightroom Classic on the Adobe web site. Claiming you didn't know these requirements really doesn't resonate with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did download the Nikon software, but will probably just shoot
high res jpg's for now....

--

Bob Dumon
Robert Dumon Photography
2154 Royal Pines Drive, New Bern, NC 28560
Past Secretary, *Coastal Photo Club*
Email: robertdumonphotography@gmail.com
Sample photos: https://bobdumon.smugmug.com/
Cell Phone: (252) 349-7931

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's just great lol

I also got the nikon z6ii a few days ago and just saw they we're not opening in lightroom. Hopefully Adobe can let us now when they expect us to be able to open the raw files in LR. I do editing in lightroom and photoshop and it is very important for me to have the raw files from the photoshoots I do.

I guess I'll export in .tiff for now but it's going to suck for workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I also got the nikon z6ii a few days ago and just saw they we're not opening in lightroom. Hopefully Adobe can let us now when they expect us to be able to open the raw files in LR."

Adobe never tells us in advance. Usually, new cameras are added in the next release of Lightroom, approximately 3 months after the previous release. But no guarantees either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a video about this with the FIX! Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb67ge5N01A&t=37s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I made a youtube video today with the FIX! It allows you to open and edit the files in Lightroom and Photoshop just like a regular RAW file. No issue at all. Here's the link 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb67ge5N01A&t=37s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the video. I wasn't able to find a windows version. Anyone else find a windows one?

I only purchased the z6ii because of an issue with my 1 year old d750 that I had to send to Nikon to fix, and Nikon said it would be 6weeks or more to fix. That coupled with this issue and the fact that the z6ii is missing focus on so many photos, I'm not impressed at all, and I've been in serious melt down mode over here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound right at all! I've always been pretty happy with the hit rate of the Z6, let alone the Z6ii which is definitely an improvement. And for context: I came to the Z system after using Sony A7iii's for a year! Which is without a doubt the superior autofocus system, but I like using the Z6/Z6ii more and they fit my workflows better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I just need more practice to get the z system down. I work with toddlers who are constantly moving and my d750 had a better hit rate than my z6ii so far. I decided to rent the z 24-70 2.8 next week to see if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah try out some native glass and see how you fare. I've used a D750 in the past and can tell you for sure that your hit rate should be far FAR higher. I typically shoot 4-6 thousand photos at a wedding and most are perfectly in focus provided I didn't mess something up in the moment of capturing that frame. I use the Z system for family sessions as well as photos of my wild toddler too, and it holds up just fine in those situations. Much better than even the D780, which I used for about half of this year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I use both the native S glass and older F-mount lenses. The native definitely perform better, but adapted F mount lenses work just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump here for ACR support of the z6ii

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I found a complete fix for this and made a YouTube video on how to edit the Z6ii RAW files. Not dng, not TIFF, actual RAW. Here's the link! https://youtu.be/Kb67ge5N01A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great video!  Very clear.  However, I had to buy a license?  And download the tools/software once I tried to open it?  Would you be able to add that info to your video?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sorry about that! It was a pretty time sensitive video and unfortunately glossed over the cost of it. Fortunately it's pretty cheap, although paying $18 for a software youre probably not going to use again is no fun 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so really where is this thread going? Lightroom will have support in a few weeks and you will likely be back to your original raw files to re-edit, just my opinion. I do not think that Canon will market a new camera that provides you with the same quality raw file output as the earlier model. Why would one wish to purchase?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the following script to call the exiftool, to be able to import RAW-files into lightoom:

exiftool.exe -Model="Nikon Z 6" -ext .NEF -r .\

The ".\" is the location where the NEF files are stored, by default a backup is made.

This is maybe not optimal, but I don't want to export to TIFF format.

Ps. this was posted already in: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/down-load-of-nikon-z6-ii-raw-files/td-p/11572947?pa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating and more so because most of the workarounds have been for macs.

For us windows users, I recommend the software found here https://exiftool.org/gui/ along with the exiftool.exe file.  The GUI version lets you select multiple NEF files at once, and all you have to do then is delete the _2 from the end of the model name, and tell it to resave the file.  Then LR will import and all is well in the world until adobe and others make what is really just a simple update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't know anything about how "simple" it is, and how long it takes. What's described above is a hack, and there's more separating these cameras than a simple "_2". I'm sure you realize that when you stop and think about it. Otherwise there wouldn't be any reason for Nikon to release it, or customers to buy it.

If you'd done some very basic research, you'd know that new camera models are usually supported in the next upgrade cycle, which come around 4 times a year. This is nothing new. It has always been like that. The Z6ii is no different from any other new camera model.

You should also know that Adobe get nothing from Nikon. They have to purchase a camera, shoot test images, and start deconstructing the files.

If you insist on buying new hardware the day it hits the shelves, it's your own call, and it's your own risk. Don't try to blame anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines