• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickr Plug-In Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen people report issues now and then, but haven't found a resolution for my specific issue.  I haven't used the plug in in a little while, but do have thousands of pix uploaded, so it worked well for a long time.  I have moved computers and now getting everything reconnected.  The last piece if the Flickr plug-in.

Every time I publish, after a while I get a "An error occured while trying to access Flickr server".  I have rebooted, un-authorized and re-authorized and keep getting same error.  I am running LrC 11.5 on Windows 11.  

I am online and everything else working, e.g. LrC sync, direct access to Flickr, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"An error occurred while trying to access Flickr server".

Over the years I've gotten that error intermittently, sometimes often, mostly infrequently. The Flickr service has never been that robust, though it seems to have gotten better 

If you keep re-publishing a collection, do all the changes eventually get published?

An alternative to consider is this third-party Flickr plugin. It's much better maintained than the built-in Flickr plugin and the author has an excellent reputation (he designed the export/publishing plugin architecture for Adobe).  It has the ability to sync pre-existing Flickr collections, so you could migrate your existing collections to the new plugin (though it may be a little fussy to set up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked with Flickr to troubleshoot.  Gave up.  They too suggested moving to Jeffrey plug-in which I have done.  Works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines