• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder not appearing in Folders

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder called Duplicates by hitting the "+" key along Folder's left panel and created a new folder in my Lightroom Photos hard drive called "Duplicates". On my external HD where my photos reside I see the folder Duplicates within my Lightroom Photos folder with my other photos.

I then Imported images that seem to be unimported in that same Lightroom Photos folder by selecting New and Move images. I imported them into that folder Duplicates. I can see that folder in Lightroom Photos and the imported images are within that folder in sub-folders.

Yet in LR Classic I have those subfolders listed under the panel Folders on the left but not the folder Duplicates. I had expected those subfolders to be under the folder Duplicates but they are scattered in Folders and not in the folder I created called Duplicates

Before Synchronizing All Photographs I wanted to check with you what is happening and what went wrong or if there is another step I need to do?  I did optimize LR Classic but that is the last step I have taken

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture (or several screen captures if necessary) of this problem in the Lightroom Folder panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Folders panel, use the "show parent folder" option as necessary to verify that the display in the Folders panel matches what you think it should look like on disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got it. Helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines