• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frequency of Updates to Creative Cloud

Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may just be me, but I find the frequency of updates to the Creative Cloud bothersome. I have automatic updates turned off so see how often I have to update. There is also no identification of changes that have occurred. This, to me, should be a simple management program of Adobe installs.

Does anyone have any insight on why Adobe updates Creative Cloud so frequently?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That does help. I would be nice if Adobe provided a link from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My observation is that Photoshop seems to get updated more frequently than does Lightroom. I don't follow Photoshop as closely as I do Lightroom (Lightroom Classic in particular). Personally, I don't worry about updates, and routinely accept updates as they are made available. Lightroom and Lightroom Classic are updated approximately every quarter. Sometime new features are added, but there is always support added for the raw files for new cameras as that is probably the primary reason for the necessity for the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I realize I wasn't clear in my question. It was specifically around the Creative Cloud App and not the products supported by the Creative Cloud app. That is the contrast I'm talking about. seems the CC app is updated more frequently than the products I use.

In retrospect, what I was not considering is that the CC app has to be updated in relation to all Adobe products available and not just the 2 I use which could be driving the frequency of changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your last paragraph.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DS256 wrote:

In retrospect, what I was not considering is that the CC app has to be updated in relation to all Adobe products available and not just the 2 I use which could be driving the frequency of changes.

It’s true, and the scope is even wider than that. Adobe could update Creative Cloud not just because of the installer/updater for the one product someone uses, but also potentially to add or modify the code for any of the online services you see in the app:

• The Files tab provides access to Creative Cloud Files and Creative Cloud Libraries, so a change to either cloud service could cause a update to the Creative Cloud desktop app. 
  • The Files tab also includes Shared With You, so any changes to cloud collaboration features could cause an update to the Creative Cloud app. 
  • The Discover tab contains tutorials, so any changes to how they want to present those could update the Creative Cloud app. 
  • The Stock & Marketplace tab is basically a huge online store of assets, extensions, templates, etc. and of course whenever they want to tweak how the store runs, that could cause an update to the app. 

So even if someone only uses the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage app updates, Adobe has so much more going on in there that they might want to fix things a lot of people never touch, and so we get a lot of updates. Some of the sections above were recently added, so there have been numerous updates to add the new sections, to add features to them, and then to fix their bugs.

Unfortunately, more features = more potential bugs = more potential bug fix updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People complain if Adobe doesn't fix bugs frequently enough. People complain if Adobe fixes bugs too frequently.

I prefer that they fix bugs, and so the frequency of updating the Creative Cloud is a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I prefer that they fix bugs, and so the frequency of updating the Creative Cloud is a good thing"

I agree but I was just surprised about the frequency  of, what I saw was, a management component plus there was no link to upgrade information like on PS or LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines