• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji GFX100 doesn't work with LRC tethered capture with Apple Macbook pro with M1 chip

Enthusiast ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  Fuji GFX100 that I've used for several months now with a Mac Pro. I just bought a new Macbook Pro withi the M1 chip and it's not recognizing the camera using tethered capture with the FujiGFX100. It keeps saying detecting camera, then it doesn't work. But if I plug the camera into a Mac Pro and use tethered captured with the Mac Pro, it works right away. 

LRC on the Macbook pro is rebooting itself to go into Rosetta mode, but it's just not detecting the camera. 

Any ideas? I'm really disappointed that Adobe LRC is giving me problems with this new comptuer. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

I have the Fuji Plugin installed. I bought a new USB C to C cable, and the first time it didn't work, and the second time it did. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 5.01.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC on the Macbook pro is rebooting itself to go into Rosetta mode

That makes me inquire, what exact LrC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the very latest LRCC cloud version is. It's the latest version. It says it has to go into Rosetta mode to do tethered capture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the very latest LRCC cloud version is

That answer is treated by many on this community as absolute trash. Can be meaningless. Too may post that only to find out after actually looking at the version as opposed to assuming the version, that they are years, not just a few versions behind. In this case, perhaps, pre MAC M1 native LrC.

So, prove me wrong, what exact version? Looking for a number, latest would be 11.4.1, not 10.1, or 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, sorry, didn't include the OS version. Lightroom CC (LRC) 11.4.1, and the OS is Monterey 12.5.

Lightrooom runs native on the M1 chip, until you go to do a tethered capture, then it says it needs to reboot into Rosetta mode to do a teathered capture. After a long 30-60 second wait, sometimes the camera control bar will appear, but it says "camera not detected".  

Same Fuji GFX100, when I connect it to Mac Pro (late 2013), Monterey 12.4, it works, and Lightroom 11.4.1, it works fine. I've been shooting with this thing for a few months now, always tethered. 

Thanks for any clues you might have. Other than the cable. I'm going to go buy a USB cable with C on both ends and see if that helps, as the macbook only has C ports. So now it's using a A to C adapter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need a plugin provided/sold by Fujifilm, and I assume that is on the other computer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/download/software/tether-plugin-pro-for-gfx/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the Fuji Plugin installed. I bought a new USB C to C cable, and the first time it didn't work, and the second time it did. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 5.01.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines