• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm film simulations not applying automatically on import

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom was doing this for me at some point, then I ended up re-installing and now it doesnt work correctly, just defaults to Adobe Color.

I can still apply the film profiles manually or set a develop preset to apply a specific one on all photos, but it used to auto detect the profiles and apply them per photo, So if I shot in Acros film mode, it would auto apply Acros in lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

//This responce was edited to add the new first sentence//

I am assuming you are talking about RAW images (Fujifilm X RAW files end with .RAF)

No, it never did. Lightroom does not accomplish that with a RAW images for any camera EXCEPT for the brand new Nikon Z6, and Z7 (NEF)

Are you confusing RAW (RAF) with JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

//This responce was edited to add the new first sentence//

I am assuming you are talking about RAW images (Fujifilm X RAW files end with .RAF)

No, it never did. Lightroom does not accomplish that with a RAW images for any camera EXCEPT for the brand new Nikon Z6, and Z7 (NEF)

Are you confusing RAW (RAF) with JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I was just mistaken!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can only hope that Adobe builds on what they and Nikon collaborated on towards the same for other cameras.

But, they have bigger issues to fix:

Apple OS Mojave issues

Google MAP issues for non v8.1 (they need to stop being stubborn on old version support)

Apple Retina 5K performance issues

LR to PS and back issues (grayed out PS menu items, yes workarounds exist)

Canon EOS R is apparently fubar

apparent Book issues

An opt out for that very feature for Nikon Z6 and Z7 (yes I know, preset Lightroom Classic Standard zeroed)

And of course, other items, additions, probably only in our wish lists, some might eventually occur? Things like

well, in fact reading and applying in camera settings but with an opt in.lets include that

Allow third party RAW conversion within Lar

Merge Photo Focus Stacking

Local tone Curves (via adjustment brush, graduation, radial)

Local HSL

For mirrorless cameras allow an opt out for automatic lens corrections (like on your Fujifilm X)

etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is change the default to a Fuji film simulation (my guess is that as part of reinstalling, you may have cleared this preference.). So take a photo with no edits, set the profile to your favourite Fuji one such as Provia or whatever, hold Alt/Opt and the Reset button changes to Set Default.

Also, see this plugin X-LR : Automatically apply Fuji film simulations in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure your Lightroom should do that. I use Lightroom CC and in the Edit tab > profile I can see all Fujifilm film simulations in the category "Camera Matching."

If you created your own colour profile in-camera and shot the picture with that, you can apply it in the Presets tab > Yours > Basics > Camera Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread dates from over 4 years old. Camera-matching was introduced a year afterwards, in Lr 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines