• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generating URL for sharing a collection

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in LR Classic should take how long for about 100 images? They are RAW files, 25Mb in size each (ish) off a Nikon d750.

The "generating url" header just keeps the circle spinning for ages!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

if you're syncing 25,000 25 Mbyte files on a typical broadband connection (usually around 5 Mbit/s upload), it will take approximately 277 hours (i.e. 11 days) to upload them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maipaper,

Sorry that Lightroom is taking too much time to generate a URL for sharing a collection.

Could you please make sure that "sync" is enabled in the Identity plate? Also, you may log in to your lightroom.adobe.com (Lightroom web) to verify the collection has been shared.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, Sync is indeed enabled in the identity plate, and it is syncing ALL my images, down to about 27,000 now, but I thought if I uninstalled LR CC, it would no longer gtry to sync all my images (85,000 or so..)

Logging into LR web shows no collections at all as presumably they have yet to be synced..

Am I doing something wrong (again?)

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that the ongoing sync to the cloud is preventing the the URL generation. I'd like to see if Lightroom generates the link post the syncing is finished.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would I !!

The problem is that LR freezes when it is syncing about 25-26,000 files and then after a force quit and restart, it goes BACK UP to syncing 27-28,000, then goes down slowly, until the 25-26,000 area and then freezes again. An endless loop. And whilst it is in sync mode, it uses ALL my memory on my MBPro (I have 16gb), not allowing me to do ANYTHING in LR..

Any more clues?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're syncing 25,000 25 Mbyte files on a typical broadband connection (usually around 5 Mbit/s upload), it will take approximately 277 hours (i.e. 11 days) to upload them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That long?

anyway, I stopped the sync, and rebooted the computer first setting the sync to pause as soon as I opened LR Classic.

What had been happening? ALL my files were being synced into collections!! SO...manually delete all the thousands of files from their collections (only)  and started again slowly with just ONE target collection.

Bingo! worked perfectly. URL for sharing appeared after about 2 mins (90 images in collection) in LR and then when I opened the web application, the collection was there all sitting pretty. Copied the url and sent it off to other happy recipients.

A lot of anguish for no apparent reason, but matter finally resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is the weak point of these cloud storage solutions such as Lightroom CC. 25,000 25 MB files is 625 gigabytes. A typical broadband upload speed is 5 megabit/second. (note the bit instead of byte). Download speeds are usually much higher but typical cable internet is this slow even in the higher tiers. This means that a single raw file takes 40 seconds to upload. You can calculate how long for 25k!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My syncing collections from LR Classic has worked fine. Last time was September. Now when I try to generate a URL in a collection of about 25 images, each about 9 MB JPG files, it just keeps churning, after hourse. I have an upload speed of 20 MB. I have quit nd re-started LR multiple times, and have restarted my computer. Still churning. Makes me think something is wrong on Adobe's end, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, in my experience it is usually pretty quick to generate a URL, although images will upload one at a time once it has been established.

Once I select "Make Public" I just keep getting a spinning wheel and "Generating URL" beside the button. 

(Lr Classic v9.1)

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Just setup uo my new Mac Studio and display with Ventura 13.1 . All working sweetly. I hav LR CLassic 12.1.  I created a new colection with 40 JPEG each no bigger than 4000kb.  "Sync with Lightroom" is ticked.  When I then clicked on Lightroom Links/ Make collection public  - In itially got in the top right "Make Public" and next to it it showed "Creating URL". Which spun for ages and no URL came up.

Now if I click Make Public, nothing at all happens.

I have had no issues in the past and have a number of collections as galleries which I can see when I click on View on Web.

One use to be able to start/stop sync fucntion in the Identity Plate but I no longer see that opttion there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"sync fucntion in the Identity Plate but I no longer see that opttion there."

That's because it is now in the Cloud icon- top-right corner.

2023-01-14 15_03_36-Clipboard.jpg

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And can I suggest you set up the 'Share' from Lightroom Web- [View on the Web]

2023-01-14 15_16_59-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Then you have more control over all the sharing options, and a button that will show you Gallery View "Display" of the selected Album (What others will see).

2023-01-14 15_16_44-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2023-01-14 15_16_24-TASSI REVISIT — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAICT, LrC will not be uploading a 25 MB Raw file for each image, to cloud - it will be uploading a much smaller Smart Preview? Just under 1MB each, I think, and that doesn't count towards your Adobe CC storage quota.

Also, depending of course where you are located in the world (also whether urban / rural) 5Mb/s surprises me for an expected upload speed - not sure what is typical for people. I am seeing 20Mb/s (cable internet) upload speed here in UK, which would improve with fibre service available.

Must also allow that all these smart previews may need to be first calculated (rendering in all your current LrC adjustments for each) and locally cached on disk, if that has not already been done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines