• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get rid of white border ON MY SECONDARY DISPLAY.

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a white border that appears around the photo ON MY SECONDARY DISPLAY. How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the view of that display. Sounds like you are not using Loupe view, but another view.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Survey mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Survey mode.

By @bifdaniels

Then switch to Loupe view and the white border should be gone.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would kill my cullling process. I need to be able to highlight several photos at a time on primary monitor and have them appear together and enlarged on the secondary monitor. Can't do that in Loupe view. Any idea if I can change the color of the border on secondary monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Survey a lot too, and the border sometimes bugs me too. But I might have found a workaround to at least change the border, in one view and not the other…but only indirectly.

The border color depends on the background color setting. On darker backgrounds, the border is light. On lighter backgrounds, the border is dark. So one thing to try is: Right-click the Survey background in either window (or Control-click if right-click isn’t enabled on your Mac), and in the context menu that appears, choose a tone that gives you the least annoying border depending on the backgrounds of your photos. For example, if you’re generally culling dark photos, you may want to set a lighter background so that the border goes dark and blends in with the images a little better.

When playing around with this, one nice thing I wasn’t expecting is that you can actually set a background color in the Secondary Display window that’s different than the background in the application window! You can see that in the screen shot below, which shows each window set to a different background color, and therefore having different borders.

Lightroom-Classic-Seconday-Display-background-color-and-borders.jpg

It isn’t a perfect solution but that’s probably the best you can do, because in Survey there’s currently no way to disable or directly control the border. It could be submitted as a feature request in the Ideas section here, if it isn’t already being voted on in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines