• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gmail Validation Failing

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping there is an answer out here that just hasn't been posted, have searched an exhaustive number of posts like these which did not have the answer or solution.

When trying to validate my gmail account in the Lightroom Email Account Manager, I keep getting the message "Validation Failed: Failed to establish connection with the outgoing email server.  Please make sure you ave entered the email account and password correctly."

Please believe that I've checked that my email and PW were typed in correctly 20 times over.  The settings that pop up are...

SMTP Server: smtp.googlemail.com (Gmail help forum actually says it should be smtp.gmail.com - have tried both to no avail)

SMTP Port: 465 (Gmail help forum says 587 is also an option if 465 doesn't work - have tried both to no avail)

Connection Security: SSL/TLS (also tried STARTTLS just for the heck of it, no avail)

Authentication Method: Password

I also have gone into Gmail and ensured both POP and IMAP are enabled, I also re-verified my gmail account via the "Unlocking the Captcha" link.

Here is an instruction page from Gmail - https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?rd=1#ts=1665018,1665144

This validation process is really straightforward, really can't figure out what I can do differently here.  Appreciate any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Your settings will usually be blocked by Google unless you set up an application password. You may receive a security email referring to an attempt to log-in to your account e.g. from Lightroom. Google calls these less secure apps but you are basically setting up a one-time password specific to Lightroom Classic.

Go to my blog link for instructions:

https://99jon.blogspot.com/p/how-to-set-up-app-specific-password-to.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have tried everything to get Lightroom to talk to gmail. I can get my Windows 10 email client to talk to it just fine. But Lightroom will not validate

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the entire process here, and it still wouldn't validate—the last thing I tried, which worked, is to turn on SSL/TLS connection security. Gmail apparently will not validate over an unsecureconnection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go to my Google account's security settings and find the link that let's me set up access for other applications.  Then I clicked on Add an App, typed in Lightroom, and Google generated a one-time password.  That password has to be copied and pasted into the "password" box in the Lightroom email manager.  Once I did that, the account authenticated.

What a royal pain, and what an incredibly arcane and poorly documented process!  I think it's Google that's to blame, but Adobe's help on this is inaccurate,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you get to the place in security thay says add app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines