• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, catalog not seeing photos after upgrading to 13.3

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning. My LRC Catalog (which is stored on an external drive along with the photos) was just upgraded to the 13.3 version (the previous version was 13). After upgrading, I can no longer see any of the imports from the previous couple of months although the folders where the photos were imported to through the previous version of LRC are where they're supposed to be on the hard drive.

I am running LRC on a Dell Precision 7710 with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz

32 GB of RAM

64 Bit Windows 10 Pro

Please Help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Most likely, you (accidentally?) upgraded the wrong catalog. In Windows Explorer, find the current catalog from LrC 13.2 and upgrade that (I believe you can double-click on it to start the upgrade process).

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...now that I am looking at it, it isn't showing ANY of the imports or edits that I have made this year AT ALL...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you verified that the photos are still on the drive using Windows Explorer?  Can you post a screen shot that could help figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the photos are physically located on the drive.

Attached is screenshot of the photos from my last import in the folder.

Also a screen shot of my LRC screen with the previous import section highlighted in the left panel with the right panel showing the date of that import.

Another screen shot of the folder with my LRC catalogs where my previous version of the catalog prior to updating to 13.3 is highlighted

Another screenshot of the folders created through LRC of all the imports that I have made this year (the ones highlighted) that aren't showing up in LRC now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, you (accidentally?) upgraded the wrong catalog. In Windows Explorer, find the current catalog from LrC 13.2 and upgrade that (I believe you can double-click on it to start the upgrade process).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a 13.2, just a 13 (which is highlighted in the screenshot) which is the last one that was modified before today. I'll try that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name is most likely Lightroom v13.lrcat unless you changed it. I can't see images in attachments, images should be included in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem. I followed your directions to update v13.lrcat and it didn't resolve the problem. It says I only have 94 photos in the "All" folder and they are all from the current month -- nothing older. Several filter collections list several hundred photos but none of the images are showing up in the library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wjack9705 

Maybe your current catalog before the upgrade was named something else. Use Windows Explorer to search all folders on all disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT; open each one found until you find the one you want.

PS: not a good idea to use your personal e-mail for you user ID here in a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found an older catalog and it upgraded it properly. Don't know why Lightroom opted to upgrade wrong file. All is good now, though. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i'll add photos that way next time.

That was the issue though, it updated the wrong catalog for some reason. All is well now. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue SOLVED. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines