• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!!! Lost All Photo Edits in Lightroom Due to Sync

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping someone will have some ideas on how to save all of the work I did on my photos.  When I work on photos I make the edits in Lightroom then it syncs the edits over to Lightroom Classic.  I accidentially updated some sync setting in Lightroom Classic and it applied the edits I made to one photo, to all of my other photos.  The errant edit then proceeded to update the photos in Lightroom and my cloud, overwriting all the work I did in Lightroom.  I paused the syncs in both as I realized what was happening, but it was too late.  I tried checking the history in Lightroom Classic but the good edits I made in Lightroom somehow never sycned over, so the history doesn't have what I need.  I cannot find a backup setting in Lightroom, and can only find the backup catalog setting in Lightroom Classic, which says it was last updated months before these photos.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can try to get my Lightroom edits back?  Is there any way to revert the cloud sync to what it had before (the good edits from Lightroom)?  Is there an undo button in Lightroom that would allow me to revert my pictures back?  I am at my wit's end here and am dreding having to redo almost 1000 photos from scratch...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the history panel does not include another step before the accidental edit? It would normally show as Imported from Lr Mobile or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop(?) the Cloud Centric REAL Computer program or Lr Mobile that runs on Mobile iOS and Android devices?

If the Lr desktop program (Cloud Centric) why are you using both versions of desktop programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recent backup of your catalog file, from just before when this mistake happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, unfortunately, I was mainly using Lightroom CC.  There are a few things I've liked better with Lightroom Classic, and so have gone back and forth between the two, but 90% is done in Lightroom CC.  Somehow, there was a disconnect this time around and while I thought my work had been syncing and saving, it was not.  I exported the photos out of Lightroom Classic when I was done editing, to realize they had not been syncing and therefore were not the edited photos.  When I tried to go back and see what had happened, I somehow synced all my pictures with the settings from one picture.  Of course, it then synced with everything and by the time I realized what was happening and paused it, the damage was done.  I am wondering if the latest version of the pictures was not in Lightroom Classic, is there is any way I can get the edited pictures back?  I know Lightroom Classic has the history panel on the side, but since all my work had been in Lightroom and it for some reason did not sync with Lightroom Classic, I do not see a History section in Lightroom.  I also tried checking the cloud to see if there is a way to get an older version of my pictures from there, but I also could not find a way.

Sorry for my rambling, I hope that makes sense.  I was just hoping there would be an easy undo for the sync issue and I'm starting to think I might be stuck.  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just made the almost the same mistake, my computer cloud my photos and my catalog was missing, after dowload bak the folder I synched the photos and all edited collection disappeared, lost all  my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a recent backup of your Lightroom Classic catalog file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines