• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with sharing twice from same photos when edited in LR Classic

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone may know a workaround. I like to edit in LR Classic. I then sync and share from LR. I know LR Classic does not upload full resolution. Usually not an issue, as so many just share on social media. I recently did a HUMONGOUS family reunion, doing group portraits of each family. I gave them the link following my usual route, explaining to them not to print just to share on social media. I have some families though that are wanting to print and frame. So I exported from LR Classic to a separate folder and then renamed all photos so LR would let me create a new Album with print-quality photos. Well, it did not. It still knows they are the same photos and sees them as duplicates. Is there a way to do this?? Any help is appreciated. I use W10. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

I do not see why it is not working for you! So trying to get a clearer 'Picture' with more questions to annoy you 🙂

When you first Exported from LrC- did you ask to remove Metadata in the export dialog and use the Export Rename function?

Exported files are 'New' image files and should have no trouble adding to the Lr Cloud catalog.

Did you Export from LrC as either TIFF, DNG, or JPG?  (What are your originals?-)

So Step#3 is the holdup? Lr will not let you Import? Or do you see the new files in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos you Exported and renamed- Did you 'Add' them to the Cloud Catalog with Lightroom-Desktop (NOT Lightroom-Classic)?

I just did a test of -

1) Export from LrC as Fullsize  1x TIFF  1x DNG

2) I Imported (Added) these two files to Lr - Lr-Desktop v5.5 (Not LrC)

3) In Lr-Desktop I confirmed they were full-size in Info.

4) I added them to a Shared Album in Lr

5) I opened the shared link in Firefox and Downloaded the two files (as JPG)

They downloaded in full pixel dimensions of the Originals.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding so quickly. So to clarify, it appears you put them in the same album in LR. I was wanting to put the same photos, two different types in two different albums. One full resolution and one lower quality for FB and such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed your question about if I added them to the Cloud. Here's what I did in actual steps

1) Edit in LR Classic

2) Go to the web tab in LR Classic and create a collection and sync it with LR Desktop

3) Open LR Desktop and then get a link to share the photos. (I know this does not upload full resolution photos)

1)Now I then went back to LR Classic and then exported the photos to a folder on my computer.

2) I renamed all the photos, hoping LR Desktop would not think they were duplicates.

3) Then when back into LR Desktop and created a new album and clicked on Add Photos

3) It told me they were duplicates, even though they were renamed and I tried putting them into a different folder.

Does that make more sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see why it is not working for you! So trying to get a clearer 'Picture' with more questions to annoy you 🙂

When you first Exported from LrC- did you ask to remove Metadata in the export dialog and use the Export Rename function?

Exported files are 'New' image files and should have no trouble adding to the Lr Cloud catalog.

Did you Export from LrC as either TIFF, DNG, or JPG?  (What are your originals?-)

So Step#3 is the holdup? Lr will not let you Import? Or do you see the new files in Lr 'All Photos'?

Or is it the Album in Lr that will not allow the new exports to be added?

What do you mean by "I tried putting them into a different folder."? A Folder where- LrC or Lr?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally appreciate you "annoying" me. lol I want to get this to work.

I did not remove Metadata. I do not know how. That's probably why LR is seeing them as the same photos then is the Metadata.

I Export as JPEG. Originals are RAW.

I did not check all Photos because it told me that they were already in LR. So I assumed it didn't work on any level, when they did not show up in the folder I told them to go into, which was a new one.

The first set of photos that were synced were in a folder named, Parker Reunion. I created a new album called Print Quality to put the exported ones in.

How do I remove Meta data, is it a choice in the export dialog box then? I never noticed it. I will go try that and let you know what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that was the trick. It was the Metadata. Once I exported and chose only the copyright to go over. It worked perfectly. LR Desktop did not see them as the same photos. Thanks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to comment, it is not necessary to separately import the images that LrClassic has exported, back into LR (cloud) Desktop, in order to put these printable versions shareably on the web.

You can e.g. make a gallery page in Portfolio and then manually upload the printable image versions from local storage folder, directly into there. IOW, a LR Cloud collection is not your only option that can be linked to within the overall CC system. This way there is no conflict with the Smart Preview version that LrC is already syncing to cloud, no need for renaming or stripping metadata, in fact no role for Lightroom (non Classic) at all.

LrClassic, optionally LR Mobile, and accessing the CC ecosystem via a web browser: those are sufficient IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines