Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hook standalone LR Mobile, to new Desktop LR

Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a client who has LR Mobile on their iPhone where they have added images and done editing.  They now want to install LR on their desktop (not clear if they want the CC or LR6) so they can take advantage of the desktop features and would like to have their LR Mobile catalog become synch down to the new desktop catalog. 

I have not encountered this need before as most people are adding Mobile from an existing desktop version.  So, first is LR/CC needed or can this be done with LR6?  and secondly, what are the steps?

Thanks -- Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Yes, you are correct however the user needs to make sure that he signs in on the Lr mobile application with the same Adobe ID as well in order to get the synced collection on the desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Your client would need to have the Creative cloud version of Lightroom in order to sync the LR mobile collection to his Lr Desktop catalog.

You can check this link for more info: How to sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.  I suspected that CC was needed so thank you for verifying that.  The info on the link is good but seems to be aimed more at adding mobile to a desktop situation.  If the user installs LR/CC on their desktop, and then turns on and logs into their Adobe ID from the desktop version of LR, is it correct to assume that the collections they've created in Mobile will just come down to the desktop and be shown in the collections Panel? 

I see that in the preferences there is a "Specify location for LR Mobile images" so I assume the image files will be placed there and can then be moved to other folders in the normal fashion if desired.  Is this correct?

Thanks -- Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct however the user needs to make sure that he signs in on the Lr mobile application with the same Adobe ID as well in order to get the synced collection on the desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I think I'm good now to help my client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know, feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Mobile only works with the subscription based CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines